Tuesday, September 15, 2020

My First Post




Being that it is my first post, I feel the need to describe my youngest brother, Manny. He is the reason for this blog, the reason I seek healing. 

My brother, Manny, passed away in a tragic car accident on June 27, 2020. Just two months shy of his 27th birthday.  That was the day my family shattered.

In order to truly describe my loss, I want to give you the opportunity to see Manny through my eyes...  as my baby brother.

If you are as blessed as I was to have two younger siblings, you would understand that there are many dynamics to a sibling relationship. We were a triangle. Our own imperfect triangle. It was only after Manny's passing, that I realized how much I am not only going to miss him, but how much I relied on him. He was the extrovert, the one that could spark an honest and GENUINE conversation with anyone. A quality that I have truly come to admire. To sum Manny up in a couple of words seems impossible. He was the most charming person I have ever met, and as cliche as it sounds, he lit up the room when he walked in with the most gorgeous smile that went straight to your soul.  I, on the other hand, was the second mom. I am the protector, their cheerleader, the role model. My other brother, Jimmy is the logical, quiet and incredibly intelligent part of our triangle. Our triangle is broken.

We are now trying to navigate this world...broken. We are trying to be strong for our parents, who have been violently shoved into living in their worst nightmare.

This blog is not only for my healing but the healing of my family.

It will cover many aspects of  my grieving process. Not only honoring Manny's life but also the day to day challenges of continuing on with my life.

If you know me personally, you know that I am a very private individual. This blog is pulling me out of my comfort zone in hopes to help someone else not feel alone during their healing process.


No comments:

Post a Comment