Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Tree Huggers

 





These photos were taken years apart, in two different parks, with completely different sets of 
company. The irony between them is undeniable. Manny loved his nephews but definitely had a 
special place for Charlie.

After Manny's passing, the sadness of my boys not being able to have the relationship and amount 
of years that I had with my brother was excruciatingly painful. It was only until I went to a medium 
in Sedona, where she explained to me that my boys will have their own relationship with Manny. It 
will look very different than mine and it may even consist of a more spiritual connection. That was 
a relief. I can continue keeping his memory alive the best way I know how.....and even if I can't put 
into words exactly how much Manny meant to me and my family, that their connection with each 
other will continue to grow.

My  hope for my boys is to be more like Manny...
to continue to take the time out of their day to hug trees, smell flowers, hop fences, run shoe less, 
smile, say good morning, grab their camera and take the photos, mediate, be silly and don't take life 
too seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment