Friday, October 2, 2020

2020 Teaching Here We go...

 

Here we go... my 11th year of teaching. Boy has time changed since I first started my career! Not just in the world but in MY personal world. I definitely have more wisdom than when I started...experienced more hurt, heartbreak, and love. All of which has and will continue to make me stronger. I now have a whole new outlook to teaching. I remember how my brother was so proud of my career. He didn't understand why I let the politics of the job get to me. I am just now starting to understand. Trying not to let the normal day to day paperwork or the negativity dampen my love of actually teaching. Remembering why I went into this career. Remembering when I would teach my brothers in my parent's garage with a chalk board that my dad so graciously hung on the wall. I will remember begging my parents for an overhead projector when I was nine for Christmas. I was born to be a teacher, it is in my blood. I will not let this world dampen my spirit. I will continue to remember my brother's words and admiration in regards to  my job. I will continue to focus on the students...making a difference the best way that I know how. The world needs more people like my brother and I am going to make certain that I continue to foster each child's unique strengths and personalities. Manny finally gets to see me in teacher action and I am going to make him proud...I know he will guide me and help me to remember the bigger picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment