Wednesday, December 30, 2020

It....Is...Over




It is over and it was hard! I am referring to Christmas. I have been dreading this holiday since my brother's passing and it was everything I had anticipated. The worst part about it was that the sadness didn't subside. I thought I would feel a sense of relief once the holiday was over but I didn't. I still have this emptiness...this hole. I did hear that the pain doesn't ever get easier but it gets better. This is my new normal. My families new normal and it sucks.


Although our new normal isn't ideal, and definitely not what I envisioned for my family,  I still thank God for these blessings in this photo. They are what continue and will continue to keep me sane during this season and every other season to follow. They definitely have my brother's light shining through them and for that I am eternally grateful. 
                                                                             

2 comments:

  1. I am reading your blogs and I feel all the emotions you feel! On August 31st, 2020 my 26 year old brother was killed by a hit and run driver that still has not been caught! I battle everyday with a million emotions and reading tour blog is really making me realize I am NOT the only one that knows what these feelings are. Thank you for sharing your brother with me. Your blog is helping me so much! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us Katie, and I hope this blog brings you some kind of comfort! Manny's mom

    ReplyDelete