Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Waves

                  

I can relate so much to the waves in these photos. My grief feels like an ocean wave. It subsides (never really goes away) and then returns unexpectedly, with a load crash. I can't help but stop these stinging pains of sadness that creep in, sometimes for no apparent reason. A picture, a song, a breeze, a beautiful moment with my boys, all of these can spark such intense emotions for me. I miss my brother. 

The beautiful ocean waves, the remarkable smile on Manny's face and the tranquility the beach brings all help me to remain centered. Remembering the bigger picture. Manny brought us light, love and peace. His free loving spirit is what I need to focus on and follow now more than ever. Maybe it's time to plan a trip to the beach? Or, maybe it is too soon...

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures along with beautiful blog. I look forward to your posts. Sweet how the pigeon is standing next to Manny doing his yoga pose, not to mention how precious the picture of Charlie & his uncle playing in the waves. Thank YOU for sharing these memories.

    ReplyDelete