Saturday, January 16, 2021

Obsessed

 



I am obsessed.

 I was just talking to my mom about how I feel completely obsessed with my brother. It is not necessarily sad thoughts either... it is all my thoughts. I think about him for what feels like every waking moment. I smile about him, cry about him, wonder about him ALL day long. This has to be a normal stage in the grieving process right?


Manny is not my only obsession these days though. Yoga is my jam. If and when you are ever dealing with Grief, I highly recommend finding your own healthy outlet. Mine is yoga, my other brother (Jimmy) is bike riding, my husband's is running, and my mom's is rock painting/hiking for Manny. It is extremely therapeutic to have your own time, where you are doing something healthy and loving for yourself. I believe that the healing my mom feels for painting the "Manny Rocks" is linked with the love that Manny is sending to her. He loves that she has found peace in honoring him in such a beautiful way. 

My loving message is to find your own self love. It will look different for everyone, but it will bring you the strength you need to take it one day at a time and again find your inner smile.

If you do not know where to start on your journey to self love I have what helps us below:

  • A month after Manny passed, I started Yoga With Adriene. Manny always practiced yoga with her videos and he would try to talk me into doing it with him. Now, I couldn't imagine my life without this daily practice. They are short YouTube videos that I put onto my TV through the YouTube app. It is wonderful to practice in the comfort of your own home.  There is a video for everything! Yoga with Adriene Videos Here
  • You can hike any of the Thunderbird Conservation Park Trails searching for a "Manny Rock" that my mom has thoughtfully placed there. Thunderbird Mountain Hiking Trails
Have fun on your journey to finding your best self. Namaste friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment