Sunday, January 24, 2021

Lost But Not Forgotten


After my brother's passing, I couldn't help but feeling that my faith was “lost.” Maybe my faith was tested explains it better. 

Even before my brother's accident, when my family was continuing to attend church on a regular basis, I couldn't help but thinking, "No wonder my faith is strong, everything was great in my life." It’s weird... because I just had this suspicion that my faith would eventually be tested by some unforeseen circumstance. Boy, was it! I’ve had a mixture of emotions toward God about losing my brother suddenly and traumatically. 

Little by little, day by day, I am remembering the love, the light and the compassion that my faith brings me. Today marked a very special day in my own healing journey. It was a reminder that God is good, all the time. Today, I was able to have my son, Oliver, baptized. It was an intimate affair (due to COVID) but, the meaning and symbolism was overpowering. 

 I trust God's path for my family....even though I may not understand and/or like some of it. I trust it.


No comments:

Post a Comment