Sunday, February 7, 2021

Meditating Manny

 I LOVE this photo. Look at my sweet brother. When my mom would tell me about Manny meditating I used to think it was silly....well, not silly, I just didn't understand it. Now, I find it so beautiful. He was always trying to better himself, to seek understanding. He was a dreamer and in every definition of the word a "free spirit." Manny was not going to let anyone, life included, tie him down. He would wake up when he wanted, fall asleep as late as he wanted, and live every moment how he wanted. He could find peace and solace, even in my mom's backyard. My brother had it figured out at such a young age.  How did he learn to be so spiritual, so open, so connected? I envy that in my brother. We all need to have some of our own "Manny Moments" where we sit alone, with our thoughts and in the presence of nature.

1 comment: