Monday, October 12, 2020

Fast Approaching


It's that time of year when the weather is starting to shift and the stores are filling with a mixture of holiday décor. I have always loved this season but for the first time in my entire life, I am dreading the upcoming holidays. What do other families do during this time when their family is shattered by a loved one passing? The thought of taking part in the old traditions is utterly painful. Right now we are taking it one holiday at a time... first hurdle is Thanksgiving. This holiday was always very simple for my family, traditional turkey dinner, football on tv, and passing the football around in my mom's backyard. The thoughts of those days make my heart heavy and throat ache. I can't sit at a table with an empty seat. My brother's seat. Too painful. 

1 comment: