Thursday, October 8, 2020

Selfless Actions

 


Let me tell you about my aunt, my wonderful  Aunt Carol. I always knew she was an amazing women. She has loved on both my boys and cared for them  while we were working. She has even witnessed Charlie’s first steps. My aunt obviously has a special place in my heart... in all of the Garrett household hearts. These rocks pictured were done by her in honor of Manny. I can’t begin to thank her enough or explain how her love and kindness has made my entire family feel, especially my mom. We will be eternally grateful for all of her selfless actions during this  traumatic shift in our lives. I almost said time or chapter. But this isn’t a chapter that goes away or gets better... this is a shift. We must learn to shift what we once knew as our lives to living with a gaping hole.

 We have had a lot of people send love and support, which we have truly appreciated. But in regards to my aunt, I am not surprised by her actions, just truly grateful to have her in our lives. And isn't she amazingly creative!

 Thank you to everyone that has been there for my mom and my entire family. Supporting her by painting/ moving Manny’s rocks to a special place, sharing memories with her, or just sending a text message checking in. 

Thank you for loving on us and helping us honor my brother.


1 comment:

  1. Family is everything!! I learned so much, about myself, after Corey's accident. The number 1 lesson I learned was that family always comes first, no excuses! We know the pain and I will do anything to try to ease that for all of us. We become a new person, one that lives with a gaping hole where our hearts used to be. This is therapeutic for me also. These all remind me of little parts of Manny that I love so much. I love the whole Garrett/Garcia/Stirnes family.

    ReplyDelete