Saturday, November 21, 2020

One....Day...At...A...Time

 



One day at a time. One day at a time. One day at a time. I have repeated this phrase over and over again. There have been terribly sad moments in the last few days. Moments that just hit me out of the blue. If I let my mind wander and think about all the upcoming occasions that my brother will not be here for I get lost. Lost in a mix of emotions. The feeling of bitterness is strong. I get bitter and upset at the lost opportunities that I no longer get experience with my brother. It's hard not to feel like it's just not fair...

 It's in those moments that I have to remind myself to take it one day at a time. To not focus too much on the missed out opportunities but the past moments together, the upcoming beautiful opportunities to come, and even the moments right now. 

This picture was the last photo I took with my brother. It is painful to look at. But it reminds me of the love we shared. I was so very pregnant and Manny just thought it was wild! I remember him saying, "That's so crazy sis, you have a human growing in you." Manny just loved love, he loved nature and he loved wonder and I loved that about my brother. His enthusiasm for the the miracles of life and the beauty of our world was inspiring.  I miss you Manny.

No comments:

Post a Comment