Sunday, February 28, 2021

A Shed Filled With Memories




Yesterday we visited my brother's storage shed and for my mom and I it was our first time. This is where some of Manny's belongings have been housed. After his passing, everything was a whirlwind and sifting through all of his apartment belongings was not something any of us were ready to encounter.  As the shed rolled up, it literally took my breath away. All of Manny's possessions stored in one confined air conditioned shed. It was too real. I thought I was ready, but I wasn't. Seeing his baby blanket broke me...broke my mom. 

We were able to load up both trucks and later on in the evening we opened one of the boxes. It was a miscellaneous one filled with notes, cards, and random small toys (binoculars, cars, and mini skateboards). Although the morning was shattering, going through this box in the evening actually brought us smiles. The randomness in Manny's belongings was a sweet reminder of my brother's playful soul. 

1 comment: